CHIEF COMMERCIAL OFFICER
To further enrich our growing team at Galana Oil,
we are currently seeking to recruit a talented, visionary and highly skilled professional.
Sales & Marketing
Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or related fields
0 - 8 years
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Chief Commercial Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing an innovative, growth focused commercial strategy for both existing and new market segments in line with the company strategic plan. The successful candidate shall provide leadership and expertise to deliver sales targets on all company’s product lines for business retention, sustainable growth and profitability.
Key responsibilities will include
1. Strategic planning and implementation
- Lead the development and implementation of the Company’s commercial strategy ensuring alignment to the overall business plan to sustain business growth and profitability.
- Formulate business strategies responsive to changes in market environment.
- Formulate and implement the public relations, branding and customer service strategy that will portray a good image of the company at all times and enhance customer service standards.
- Provide advice and support to the CEO and the Board on all technical and commercial matters across the petroleum value chain as may be required.
- Deputize the CEO as required.
2. Commercial Management
- Understand the value drivers of the business and identify profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
- Analyze potential opportunities and develop business plans/recommendations (including all associated risks, costs and forecasted revenue), to ensure that all business development opportunities are optimized.
- Monitor the business, sales and activity plans in line with the approved budget.
- Monitor competitor activities for competitive advantage.
- Accountable for market analysis, brand support and positioning.
- Identify and mitigate commercial risk across all areas of the business.
- Contribute to the development of new products and services. Provide leadership in sales and product portfolio extension or reduction to meet profitability targets.
3. Client Relationship and Stakeholder Management
- Represent the Company in dealing with clients and other external stakeholders on all commercial matters.
- Lead the team to achieve customer retention by providing efficient customer service.
- Establish partnerships with key stakeholders for effective business relationships and networks within industry and other related sectors.
- Participate in contract negotiation with clients and be central point of contact for contracts under execution.
4. Human Capital Management
- Provide leadership and ensure efficient and effective management of staff to ensure targets are achieved.
- Engage, develop, deploy and retain talented staff including completing performance appraisals and personal development effectively and on time in accordance with the established performance management system.
5. Financial Management
- Grow the revenues of the business and manage profitability and lead and manage business activities in order to maximise the Company’s financial resources.
- Formulate and plan the commercial annual budget within the context of the Company’s overall budget.
- Develop, implement and monitor the sales and marketing (income and expenditure) budget to ensure it is within approved limits.
6. Corporate Governance
- Ensure the Company conducts its business in compliance to all legal, regulatory and statutory requirements;
- Ensure that the Company maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business;
7. Operational planning and management
- Oversee company operations to ensure efficiency, quality service and cost-effective management of resources and assets;
- Exercise executive stewardship of the Company’s resources;
- Oversee the compliance to the group’s branding guidelines as established at the group level.
- Ensure safe and proper custody and maintenance of company assets at the retail and consumer outlets
- A Bachelors degree in Business, Marketing or related fields.
- Professional qualifications in Sales and Marketing and/or a Masters degree in Business, Marketing or related fields is an added advantage.
Experience and other requirements
- At least 8 years’ extensive experience in senior management level preferably within the Energy sector or FMCG
- Experience in the Kenyan petroleum industry shall be added advantage.
- Experience in managing budgets effectively, financial management, setting up effective metrics and business processes;
- Leadership experience with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, product or service management, sales and business development, along with a demonstrated track record of success and performance;
- Analytical skills and ability to interpret sales performance and market trend information;
- Proven ability and experience managing and leading high performance management teams to achieve significant sales revenue targets;
- Demonstrable experience in strategy planning and execution.
- The ability to understand changing market dynamics, translating them into an actionable strategy and implementing the strategy to achieve pre-set objectives.
- Demonstrated strong commercial acumen and a deep understanding of the strategic marketing and selling process.
- Credible and confident communicator (written and verbal) with a high level of discretion and personal integrity.
Core competencies required for the role:-
- Strategic planning
- Strong sales and marketing skills
- Strong budget management and monitoring skills
- People management
- Project management skills
Numerate with strong analytical and problem-solving ability
Interested candidates, who satisfy the above requirements, should send a covering letter, a detailed CV highlighting relevant qualifications and experience, a daytime phone contact, email address and the names of three professional referees. All applications should be addressed to The Human Resources Manager and sent through our email contact :- email@example.com
Closing date – 30th September 2018